A day late, I know, but yesterday was a very long day at work. So, I’m just a tad late with the quotes. What’s that saying? Mind you in this case it doesn’t really equate to what today’s’ quote posting is about, but it sounds apropos. A day late and a dollar short. Literally it means ill timed and ill prepared. However, even though it’s a day late, there are still quotes to be had.
Friendship is like a book. It takes a few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write. ~author unknown
It is easier to leave angry words unspoken, than to mend a heart these words have broken. ~author unknown
The most curative thought in the world is the thought of love. ~Norman Vincent Peale
There is no better test of a man’s integrity than his behaviour when he is wrong. ~author unknown
- Quoting the lighthearted (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Quotes (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
- Quotes for a Tuesday (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
More via steampunkanachronism:
Anne McCaffrey, author of the “Dragonriders of Pern” series, has died. She was 85 years old.
While much of fantasy fiction focused on male protagonists, McCaffrey’s works featured both men and women as risk-taking heroes and heroines. Her blend of the sci-fi and fantasy genres was also unique and groundbreaking. McCaffrey was the first woman to win a Hugo Award and the first female to win a Nebula Award; she won both sci-fi/fantasy writing prizes in the late 1960s.
Her books reimagined the ancient mythology of dragons, transforming them from enemies of men into friends, creating a psychological and emotional bond between humans and the fire-breathing creatures, and successfully tapping into a deep-seated fantasy most readers didn’t even know they had–the desire to ride on the back of a dragon and fly across the sky.
- Ann McCaffrey (gregoryhamel.net)
- Anne McCaffrey: a magician of Newtonian logic (guardian.co.uk)
- RIP: Anne McCaffrey (storytreasury.wordpress.com)
- Fantasy writer, former N.J. resident Anne McCaffrey dead at 85 (nj.com)
- Anne McCaffrey, Pern creator, dies aged 85 (guardian.co.uk)
- Anne McCaffrey, 1926-2011 (tor.com)
I have to admit, when I come up with a title I usually put in the first thing that pops into my head. Today there was two, and that was mostly because the first one sounded kind of dumb. So you get Quoth the Keyboard, which isn’t much better than Quoting the Light Fantastic. Anyway, on with the quotes.
Take time from doing to enjoy being. ~T.J. Mills
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasure, costs nothing and conveys much. ~author unknown
Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life. ~Kitty O’Neill Collins
There is no greater love than the love that holds on where there seems nothing left to hold on to! ~author unknown
- Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.’ (wearebadinfluences.wordpress.com)
- Quoth J.K. Rowling, ‘Pottermore’ (npr.org)
- Quote of the day: The Anomaly of an mostly-female cast (dbzer0.com)