Responding to public demand, NASA scientists created a companion image to the wildly popular ‘Blue Marble’ released last week. This new image shows the Earth’s eastern hemisphere.
NASA reports that, according to Flickr, “The western hemisphere ‘Blue Marble’ image has rocketed up to over 3.1 milling views making it one of the all time most viewed images on the site after only one week.”
As seen in the above image, the new Blue Marble is on the left while the original Blue Marble is on the right.
- East of the Blue Marble (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Blue Marble (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
- Blue Marble (crader.info)
- NASA releases stunning “Blue Marble” image of Earth (greenfudge.org)
- BLUE MARBLE: NASA Releases Highest Resolution Image of Earth Ever Taken (PHOTO) (blippitt.com)