Today gets a whole lot of writing love, as I prep myself for holidays. Holidays are the time to do something I want, so I often find it odd when people say “but don’t you want to get away”. That’s totally not what I want. I want to do things that I want to do, and driving or taking a bus are the least two favourite things I want to do (and let’s not even talk flying).
So, during my two weeks off (which commences this Thursday) I shall be (in no particular order):
- Hanging out in the park
- playing video games
- watching movies
- going to the beach (though, that involves driving)
- and food smattered in amongst all of that.
So, in a nutshell, I’m hoping to do some writing. Pick up and continue more of Rocket Fox and get the rewrite of Black Mask and Pale Rider started.
For now, though, here’s a couple of inspirational writing quotes.
“…the writer’s obsession – the desire to know and communicate, or, rather, to know everything so as to communicate with the greatest degree of precision.” ~Ivan Klima
- Early morning Black Mas & Pale Rider soundtrack (taholtorf.wordpress.com)
- 1. Why You Write (writegigi.wordpress.com)
- Six Rules for Rewriting | Michael Nielsen (sequenturverbe.wordpress.com)
- What No One Ever Tells You about Writing (thewritersadvice.com)